Sunday, February 15, 2009

Just to say - which I should've mentioned in my last post.

We chose to have yesterday's blessing on 14th February as it was the anniversary of the day our little boy - and his co-embryo - were transferred into my safe care. It's a day i'll never forget and seemed a good day to celebrate.

Mr G said he spent last Valentine's Day watching a man (fantastic IVF Dr) with his hands up my bits and spent this year's Valentine's watching another male (a v little one) mauling my bo.soms. Maybe next year he (Mr G) will get a look in.

I hope you all had a good Valentine's. It's not a day i'm that fond of. I hated it as a single bird and feel it hugely commercial and a bit pointless now as you should spread the lerrrrve all the time and not just once a year. Now it's become a tiny bit more special in my book. Mr G and I had a lovely dinner out but talked mostly about Barnaby and gushed over a new photo Mr G had taken on his phone. Here's a pic from yesterday

Not great of me but then i'm not who the crowds came to see. Barnaby loves my dress - all that black and white has him mesmerised.

11 comments:

Fertilized said...

What a very special day. He is just so gorgeous

Soapchick said...

What a lovely way to spend Feb. 14th. Barnaby is adorable and will have all the ladies wrapped around his little finger when he's older - well make that now! Cutie petutie!

My Reality said...

He is absolutely adorable!

It is amazing the difference a year can make!

Thalia said...

what a lovely picture and he is gorgeous - and looks so happy! Glad it was a great day.

Betty M said...

Oh you both look lovely!

Bee Cee said...

Sounds like a lovely day, what a great way to remember Valentine's Day for ever more xx

Almamay said...

Thank you for sharing your happy day with us. Beautiful photo of a handsom boy!

Hopeful Mother said...

Lovely - both of you!

E said...

Too funny about your last 2 Valentine's days. Good thing you don't much care for it! Barnaby is so sweet! Love his face.

Alex and Jill said...

He is so stinkin' cute! Post pics of that sweet baby anytime! :)

((HUGS))

cindyhoo2 said...

Portia,

Thank you so much for dropping into my blog to share your story. You are absolutely right--- as I am trying to put myself back together after 3 failed IVFs, it is nice to know that others out there have succeeded in similar shoes. I look forward to hearing more about you and your little one.