Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Already so soon...

After such a long break, here I am again!

Its been a busy week. The appointment with the doc went well. He showed us the embryo charts that said our embryos had been top quality, which gave me a real boost. At least what we produced was good quality, even if they didn't stay there. He's hopeful that we're still in with a good chance. I have to have one more mid cycle scan - next month - and order the drugs - which he has given me a prescription for, and that's it!

The lady taking the relaxation group was really lovely. I'm looking forward to starting with the group and i'm sure it'll help. The Doc thinks it will and thinks i'll be more relaxed this time anyway, as I know what to expect. DH and I left the clinic in good spirits and went for our traditional post appt full fat meal and glass of wine.

Work has got really busy. I've been full on pretty much every day, writing reviews, teaching a lovely girl who's features editor of a really great magazine, doing a voice over for our cooking podcasts and being filmed by someone looking for a cookery show presenter. I'm not sure I want that job as it's just a bit too stressy for this point in time, but its been v interesting to hear about it all. There's lots in the work diary for the next few weeks.

DH is off to Egypt for a week tomorrow at the crack of dawn. He's going for work and really isn't looking forward to it. He's also missing our first NHS IVF appt. That's quite hard, but my auntie is going to come with me for moral support. I'm going to miss DH so much. It'll be the longest we've been apart! I'll use the time to catch up on my Sky+ stuff, to catch up with friends and do a bit of cooking. Aren't I the exciting girlie.

I'm proud of how far i've come up from the depths of the post cycle misery. I saw a pregnant friend tonight. She's waited 5 years for this, after 5 miscarriages and then 3 years with no pregnancies during which she had 3 failed IVF attempts. She decided to stop trying for a bit and guess what....fell pregnant. It's all about luck. That, and the fact that she's just about the nicest, kindest and most deserving person I know. Anyway...lets talk about me again!! Having spent an evening with her, I'm feeling absolutely fine and not in a miserable 'what about me' slump. Maybe that's more to do with the fact that she's 'one of us' and doesn't for one single minute take her pregnancy for granted.

I hope that I can be as nice a person as my friend has been throughout her years of suffering infertility. I really didn't realise from her how hard it is. She suffered graciously and in silence and never moaned once. I just babble on about it to all and sundry - whenever i get a chance.

Right - time to go and spend a few minutes with DH before he jets off to the sun. I'm really, really going to miss him

xx

1 comment:

Hopeful Mother said...

"Welcome back!"

I'm glad to hear you are feeling more positive about things. That is wonderful!

Hope you are not missing your DH too much and that your IVF appt. goes well.