Thursday, June 19, 2008

Alright already

Thanks for recent comments.

I've had a few requests for belly shots. I'll ask Mr G to do the honours or see if I can manage an 'in the mirror' shot. I'll get it up before today.

I was actually meaning to take pics monthly. So much for that! I must get started on the shots so thank you for the requests.

Watch this space - belly coming soon...you have been warned.

ps: made some gorgeous mini carrot cake muffins this morning. The pic isn't mine but look just the same - although i topped mine with a walnut each. Usual recipe but in small muffin cups. They were so cute! I made them for the attendees of my apartment block's management committee meeting. I've got so sick of them doing nothing i decided to join. We had the meeting in the gardens outside my flat and (being a Jewish Mother in waiting) I just couldn't have people here and not feed them. Hence the muffins. At least they appreciated them.

Does anyone else have to get busy when people come round - cleaning? cooking? hiding the clutter?

5 comments:

Betty M said...

Oh definitely - lots of mad baking and tidying. Baking is the most rewarding thing - everyone thinks it is fiendishly difficult so is inordinately impressed and it just isn't.

Hope tomorrow goes really well and you get some great views!

Mrs. Shoes said...

I think company is the only thing that inspires us to clean. And I go so overboard with the feeding of people when they are coming over. My grandma always said that if their mouths are full, people can't argue. I think that has stuck with me.

Christi said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog, I really appreciate it, it is good to know that it CAN happen even after all this crap and when all hope is lost...

I wish you nothing but the happiest and healthiest pregnancy, baby, delivery, etc! you deserve it all, thank you so much for being so supportive.

SAHW said...

Visiting from NCLM...congrats on your pregnancy! Hope all goes well and you bring your TP home happy and healthy.

Yes...we have to do LOTS of prep whenever anyone comes - having people over is the best way I can get DH to help me clean up!

Anonymous said...

If anyone is coming over, it is always a mad dash to get rid of all the crap my husband leaves in places they don't belong. Right now, there are two suits in the dining room and black socks in front of the couch.