Monday, January 21, 2008

Quick one...no really!

This must be a quick one as it's past my bedtime and i've got to be up at 5.30 (5.30!!) to leave at 6am to teach at a cookery school in one of London's Fish Markets. I'm very excited.

Reason for a quick blog is that I got in touch with the mag today to see what was going on. To be honest, i'd have left it but Mr G kept saying I should. I asked if they'd chosen and asked for feedback on the work i did.

I e mailed at 10am-ish and at 9pm got a response. After some blah about what a strong candidate I was and what a difficult choice it had been, the Editor said they'd chosen one of the others. Mr G was all huggy and kind but i'm not actually remotely worried! If they'd offered it to me i'd have been launched into super stress mode again.

In another lifetime i'd have wanted that job, but my life (at the moment) is about making building our family. That's the most important thing for Mr G and me.

Perhaps i'll feel let down in a few weeks - most likely after a failed IVF cycle (who's says i'm not an optimist) but for now, i'm too busy to be sad AND i'm doing a little upwards lap of that rollercoaster. Perhaps, perhaps, perhaps i'll be able to ride it properly in a week or so....

Oh - watched Starter for Ten last night. Great British movie. Set in mid 80's - perfect for us later 30 somethings.

That was a short post.....night night xx

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It may be a blessing in disguise that you didn't this job - I really hope it is.

Almamay said...

Sorry to hear you didn't get the job. Shame on them for making you chase for an answer! Typical British behaviour.

Carrie said...

I think if you don't feel down about the job then it wasn't the one you really wanted, or not at this time, perhaps.

If you're anything like me you will probably feel it at some point, but maybe just as a 'nothing ever goes my way' type rant. Or perhaps that's just me!

I hope your mood continues on the up.

Becks said...

I know you will be in two minds about this but one less stress is a good thing. I have been thinking of you, but you know that anyway. Let's meet up when I get back from NZ.

Bea said...

Glad everything looks normal. Fingers crossed for FSH!

But sorry you didn't get the job. It's true, though - it would have been stressful to make that change now. Hope you still feel ok about it later.

Bea