Monday, November 06, 2006

oh dear...

...i have something new to be worry about. As if cramping and the stitch pain isn't enough to keep me up at night (when I should be sleeping and helping those embryos attach and grow) now i've started spotting.

Twice today, brown stains have set my heart racing. I felt a bit shocked, but not like it was all over. The clinic say not to worry, and many others seem to have had the same, but I really, really don't like it. I've been calmer than i'd've thought i'd be but then it's not full on bleeding...yet. PLEASE PLEASE don't let it be the onset of a period. What a miserable end to this adventure that would be.

I had an appointment with my acupunturist today too. She held my hand, passed me tissues and reassured me. She's SUCH a lovely person. She's going to get some chinese herbs in that stop miscarriage. I know that won't make a difference to whether or not my embryos are thriving or not at this stage, but she wants them in, just in case...

I was going to go out with friends tonight, but they've cancelled and i'm pleased. I'd rather be at home. MDB has cancelled his plans too. I said he doesn't need to, but he wants to be with me. It feels very lovely - if a little weird - to have someone equally concerned about my welfare as me. That may sound weird. Perhaps it's a newly wed thing.

As ever, my fingers are well and truly crossed xx

4 comments:

andi said...

fingers crossed for you m'dear - and i hope accupuncture has done its magic. have a good eve with your fellow - he sounds like a honey. when will you go for a blood test?

Anonymous said...

My fingers, toes, and well, everything that can be crossed, are crossed for you too.

Your husband sounds like a great guy.

M said...

I am hoping the best for you!

Hopeful Mother said...

I'm hoping right along with you! Let's hope that's implantation bleeding!

Keep us posted - when is your beta/blood test?